DECEMBER 2011 - READ Polk
READ Polk is dedicated to facilitating relevant literacy instruction which improves the capacity of adults to negotiate their daily lives as parents, consumers, employees, and citizens.
"READ Polk is a non-profit coalition of volunteers from business and the community who are dedicated to improving adult literacy through individual instruction."
READ Polk's purpose is to:
- help adults develop the ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently.
- help the public understand the economic and social impact of adult illiteracy.
- increase community awareness adn visibility of adult literacy resources.
- develop community involvement and business support.
- coordinate the recruitment, training, and retention of tutors and teh recruitment and retention of learners.
- develop financial resources to meet adult literacy needs.
To find out more about READ Polk visit them on the web at: readpolk.com
CLICK TO GO BACK